Top Korean Skincare Products for Glowing Skin
“The best foundation you can wear is glowing healthy skin.”
A fact- your skin is the largest organ in your body and you can't possibly be without taking care of it! Apparently, glowing skin is a sign of good health and vitality, and that's exactly the kind of skin you want to achieve this year.
When the tea is about skincare, Koreans know best. How-? Korean children are introduced to cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing, and most importantly applying sunscreen early on in their lives. The Korean skin we see now is the outcome of a tradition passed down through generations.
Why opt for Korean Beauty Products?
The world of Korean skincare products and Korean beauty products offers exposure to a variety of ingredients that can give you a glowing complexion. The Korean skincare products also gave us some of our most famous trends of all time, including BB cream, sheet masks, the 10-step routine, and more.
Korean skincare process is highly in-depth, thoughtful, and extensive. They use essence as a significant part of their regime as it helps your skin prepare for the rest of your skincare products, such as ampoules, serums, and moisturizers. It interpenetrates deeper into your skin for better results and improves the appearance of your skin overall.
Koreans have always concentrated on skin hydration and as alien as it may sound; respecting the skin barrier. When it comes to treating acne, their approach is delicate and they focus on hydrating and calming ingredients such as green tea, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, etc.
Significant Korean skincare ingredients products such as green tea extracts, aloe, and volcanic ash are known for pore reduction and deep cleansing. Exploring Korean skincare products on your own is tough which is exactly why we have listed the top Korean products from Belle Vous for glowing skin below.
The Korean Skincare regime for “that glow”
Cleansing- a must-step before the application
Serums & retinol are great for the skin but without proper cleansing, they are inefficient at their work. You don't want to skip cleansing unless you want to invite breakouts onto your skin. This is exactly why we want to dive deep into why cleansing is significant.
- It keeps your skin clear- As cleansing enables you to get rid of all of the dirt, makeup, and impurities your skin remains clear, healthy, and radiant. Without this, your skin will be more prone to breakouts, dehydration, and premature aging.
- Increases hydration levels-Cleansing helps rejuvenate by removing built-up dead skin cells which especially gives us fresh, healthy skin at the surface.
- Boosts product absorption- Similar to skin hydration, when you skip cleansing, the dead skin cells also impair the ability of your other skincare products to adequately penetrate the skin.
- Supports your skin barrier- Harsh cleansers/over-cleansing damages your skin barrier but gentle cleansing with the right products helps reinforce the outer layer of your skin shielding it from pollution, bad bacteria, microbes, etc.
CosRx’s Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is one of our favorite cleansers as it is formulated with tea tree oil & natural BHA, it controls excess sebum production, gets rid of dead skin cells, and mattifies pores. You can also check out CosRx’s Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser enriched with 0.5% Salicylic Acid (BHA) that unclogs your pores by getting rid of excess sebum & impurities from your pores.
Serum- a magic ingredient
As you age, your skin needs added hydration, serums deliver the right amount of ingredients and lock in the moisture. Serums are as equally important as your moisturizer. It is to maximize the benefits of the products you put on your skin, face serum is the way to go. Let's find out what is it that serums do to our faces for the glass-skin effect.
- Intense absorption- serums have a light formulation keeping it easy for the skin to absorb. Its thin viscosity eliminates fuss which is why your skin will quite happily absorb the serum.
- Soothes & nourishes- Serums help soothe those sensitive patches of skin but not just that, serums are also very soothing just to apply!
- Boosts your collagen- serums help keep your collagen firm and plump out visible fine lines & wrinkles (which are a normal part of skin maturation). Using a serum keeps your skin radiant and less dry.
- It’s light & anti-cloying- Not all "oil-based" products clog your pores or leave you feeling greased. But this isn't how a serum works, they have less viscosity that makes them feel a lot silkier than the oil itself as that, and are very light.
We recommend you our SNP Peptaronic serum, which helps replenish moisture & offer hydration to dry skin. Or, to experience deep moisturization and cooling effects on your skin, try our Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Serum.
Moisturiser- your skin's bsf
Achieving that "glowing skin" without a moisturizer is next to impossible, and it is equally important to finding the ideal moisturizer for your delicate skin. Below we have listed why is it important to include a moisturizer in your daily skincare routine.
● Prevents dry skin- due to regular exposure to heat, chemicals, climate changes, and harsh winds, your skin may dry out unnecessarily. Using a moisturizer helps create a solid protective barrier from harmful UV rays & pollution.
- Brings faster healing- It brings improved skin cell function and fast cell turnover. A moisturizer visibly brings brightness, and radiance, keeping your skin free from blemishes, dark spots, and pigmentation.
- Diminishes inflammation- A skin-soothing moisturizer with genuine ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, and glycerin can help relieve inflammation, itching & dryness. A good moisturizer doubles your skin's hydration.
- Removes blemishes- A non-comedogenic moisturizer is underrated for people with oily skin because it is mostly acne-prone. Dry skin can worsen your acne and leave prominent scars.
You surely have heard of snails doing wonders for glass skin. CosRx’s Advanced Snail 92 All-In-One Cream is one such cream that offers a whopping 92% Snail Secretion Filtrate (Mucin) - an essential ingredient for healthy, glowing skin.
Sheet Masks- last minute life saver!
Sheet masks are one of the fastest and most satisfying ways to give your skin that glow instantly. Soaked in serum, these masks help your skin like no other offering a variety of different advantages based on the type of sheet mask you choose. Cool news? there is a sheet mask for every skin type out there! Here are the benefits of a sheet mask for your skin to have their 15-minute leisure time.
- Boosts hydration- The harsh dry winds, sun, and cold air-conditioned rooms may dehydrate your skin leaving it dry and less supple. Our skin needs deep hydration to repair its moisture levels. Sheet masks intensely fix your dehydrated skin and help maintain your skin’s youthful appearance.
- Detoxifies- Your skin experiences sweat, sebum, makeup, and other severe elements daily that make their way deep into the skin resulting in clogged pores. Sheet masks help open these pores and remove all the pollutants from the skin.
- Brightens- Air pollution and mental stress are some of the elements that cause your skin to look washed out over time. Your skin may lose its natural luster& luminosity ending up looking lackluster. A brightening sheet mask helps by ingraining new life into your tired skin, evening out the skin tone, and illuminating a dull complexion. To completely restore the radiance of your skin, use these sheet masks twice or thrice a week.
Here are two of our go-to sheets masks when the world wears us out! The Face Shop Real Nature Rice Face Mask clears dead skin cells and brings a luminous glow to your face &Farm Stay Visible Difference Sheet Mask Collagenthat makes your skin look softer, firmer, and translucent.
SPF- a shield to your skin
Our Sun Protection Factor is a number allocated to your sunscreen or any of your face creams for protection from the sun that shows the level of shield it provides against the harmful rays of the sun. Products with a higher SPF number are good are have a better percentage of sun protection. A common myth is that double the SPF number will give double the protection. To give you a sense, a cream with an SPF 50 does not offer twice the amount of protection that a cream with an SPF 25 does. It is also essential to keep reapplying the sunscreen every few hours.
Importance of an SPF
Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause hyperpigmentation, dark spots, sunburn, and an increased risk of skin cancer. With summer being just around the corner, SPF is essential and you should not step out of your house without applying one! Your skincare is never complete for a long time glow without SPF in the morning and night cream before you sleep.
It’s mind-boggling to choose one ideal SPF cream for your skin, we know, which is exactly why we have hand-picked one of our bests Korean skincare products. CosRx’s Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is formulated with Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, is lightweight, and leaves no white cast. Dr. Oracle 21’s Stay A-Thera Sunblock SPF50+ PA+++ is designed to shield troubled and sensitive skin by creating a barrier against irritants. It has a hypoallergenic formula which enables it to be gentle on the skin and soothes inflammation.
Takeaway? Your skin takes care of itself, so listen to your skin and do only what it asks for itself.