Dry Skin Type
A lack of moisture in the skin can result in flaky and rough appearance. This is called dry skin.
How Can You Identify Dry Skin?
- Flaky and rough skin
- Uneven texture
- Skin feels tight
What Causes Dry Skin?
If most of your family members have dry skin, you are likely to have it too.
Dry skin is more common in dry climates and in the winter season due to lack of humidity.
3. Long showers
If you spend long hours in the shower, it can rip your skin of its necessary oils. This contributes to dry skin.
As you grow older, sebum production in your skin reduces. This can result in flaky skin.
Tips For Dry Skin
- Moisturise your skin regularly to keep it soft and hydrated
- Don’t spend too much time in the shower
- Pat your skin gently while drying yourself up
- Drink lots of water
- Use a humidifier to retain your skin’s natural moisture
- Use sunscreen to prevent your skin from getting dehydrated